FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT EXACTLY IS MISSION LIFEFORCE?
Mission LifeForce is a growing international movement of Earth Protectors based on a legal document, the Earth Protectors Trust Fund document. This document has been legally validated right across the globe, something that has never been done before. It is like a crowdfund, a petition and a legal Trust all rolled into one, and it's extremely powerful.
WHY SHOULD I BECOME A TRUSTEE?
By BECOMING A TRUSTEE of the Earth Protectors Trust Fund (which you can do for as little as €5 - or as much as you feel inspired to gift) you will:
- as an activist, gain an additional defence in a court of law as a CONSCIENTIOUS PROTECTOR - and the right to speak out about the ecocide you face
- SUPPORT all those around the world who are standing up in this way to protect the Earth
- help fund the establishment of ECOCIDE as an INTERNATIONAL CRIME
I'M HAVING TROUBLE SIGNING UP - WHY?
The system may be busy if lots of people are trying to sign. However it could be that:
- You haven’t filled in the Place of Residence (City, Country) field correctly. Start typing the nearest town or city that applies to you and select from the dropdown list which appears (e.g. Stroud, United Kingdom or Rennes-le-Chateau, France). The greyed-out fields below (marked City and Country) MUST be auto-filled by your choice. If this doesn't happen you may have tried to put too much information in, so try choosing again. We do not need your street address or region. Most towns even small ones work, but if not try going for your nearest major city.
- You haven’t scrolled right through the Trust document. Because it is a legal document you must do this to activate the “I Agree” button. Wait a few moments after clicking "I Agree" for the payment/acknowledgment info to appear.
- The payment page is freezing. A small percentage of users are hitting this glitch which we are in the process of fixing. Usually using a different device will solve it. Do however let us know if this happens to you and which device/operating system you are using so that we can further isolate the error.
If the above does not solve the issue, please contact us.
CAN I USE A DEBIT CARD or PAYPAL?
For debit cards - click where it says cards: it will accept both credit and debit cards. Paypal is not currently accepted by the Trust Fund in the trustee signup process, but you can use it to support the Mission LifeForce team if you wish.
I HAVE SIGNED UP - WHERE IS MY EMAIL CONFIRMATION?
You should receive 3 emails:
1. from Mission LifeForce - subject line: Trustee Confirmation (it says thank you and whilst you are waiting you can do a few things.)
2. from Heroes & Friends - subject line: Thanks for your Support to Mission Lifeforce
3. from Mission LifeForce - subject line: Trustee Document & Blockchain Certificate. You will have two documents attached to this email - your EPTF document and your blockchain certificate.
Please check your junk mail and spam box incase they have been sent there by mistake and please keep for your records.
WHERE IS MY TRUSTEE DOCUMENT?
It can take a little time after signing up (up to 3 hours if really busy) for the documents to be generated and emailed to you. If you have checked your spam and junk boxes and they are not there, please contact us.
Because Triodos Foundation is in the Netherlands and our crowdfunding platform (Heroes and Friends) is also Dutch, you are asked for Euros. Your bank will automatically show the equivalent in your local currency on your bank statement.
WHO OVERSEES THE EPTF FUNDS?
Under Article 10, the EPTF is administered by Ecological Defence Integrity Ltd in the UK - that’s our not-for-profit organisation. We are the "team behind the scenes" of Mission LifeForce. And so does Triodos Foundation. Triodos Foundation is a Dutch Stichting (a Dutch charity) and so they must be satisfied that the funds that are raised under their name are used for the purpose set out in our EPTF, so that our use of funds complies with their Dutch Charitable duties. In the Netherlands a charity can support changes in legislation (this is not possible in the UK).
WHAT BANK HOLDS THE EARTH PROTECTORS TRUST FUND?
We’d like to say a very big thank you to Triodos Foundation in the Netherlands who opened a special bank account dedicated to our work. Triodos has offered completely free banking to the Earth Protectors Trust Fund. This is deeply appreciated - thank you Triodos!
HOW ARE EPTF FUNDS TO BE USED?
Under Article 3 EPTF funds shall include:
i) funding Small Island Developing States and/or other climate vulnerable States who are resolved to activate the International Criminal Court’s jurisdiction over the crime of ecocide as early as possible, by covering their costs, including: hotel expenses, top representation at the International Criminal Court and their flights; and/or
ii) funding the subscription fees of such States to the International Criminal Court (plus joining fees for those who have yet to become members); and/or
iii) funding any other lawful activity enabling the Trust Purpose.
WHAT KIND OF TRUST IS THE EPTF?
• The EPTF is a non-trading trust fund: It does not invest or trade the money received; it uses it solely for the purposes set out in the Trust Fund under Article 3.
• The EPTF is a open trust fund: under Article 12 the Trust Fund shall remain open for the accrual of Named Trustees until such time as the Trust Purpose has been discharged. We make that visible to you by listing every name online.
• The EPTF is restricted in time: under Article 6 the Trust Fund is required to distribute all of its net funds in benefit of the Beneficiaries during the tax year in which the funds are received.
DO I HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION AS A TRUSTEE?
Yes you do - it’s an unusual one. It is set out in Article 4 - the article about Trustees:
“Becoming a Trustee of the Earth is to become a protector of a law which is in alignment with a universally recognised moral code of respect, peace and a duty of care for all life. It is a direct expression of intent to create peace between all beings.”
DO I HAVE TO BE OVER 18 TO SIGN?
No - you can sign at any age. This is a open trust document that anyone can sign, so your children can sign up too!
CAN I GIFT DIRECTLY WITHOUT SIGNING UP?
Yes you can. You can put gifts directly into the EPTF pot without signing up to be a Trustee. You can gift by debit or credit card by clicking on the piggybank icon on the community page.
Or you can transfer funds directly to here:
STF Earth Protectors TF
NL56 TRIO 2025 0522 19
BIC / Swift TRIONL2U
WHAT ABOUT FUNDING THE MLF TEAM?
We’d love you to fund us as well. We do not receive funds from the EPTF pot - our funding is separate. We are also not funded by foundations or grant-making bodies, but by individuals. If you feel inspired to support our “back office” please gift to us here.
ARE THERE TRANSACTION CHARGES?
At our end - our bank (Triodos) does not charge us at all. Our card processor (Stripe) takes a small transaction fee which averages at around 2.15%.
At your end - your bank will have its own policy on card payments depending on the type of account you have - if your own bank account is not in Euros it may charge a small percentage fee (usually under 3%) and/or a small flat fee (debit cards). Paypal (used when gifting to the team) does not charge any transaction fees.
I AM DUTCH - CAN I CLAIM DUTCH GIFT AID?
Yes, you can do this. If you are Dutch, your gift to the EPTF comes under the umbrella of Triodos Foundation Stichting; donating to us is deductible from the Dutch tax office. The required RSIN number for this is 005855913.
WHAT TAX YEAR APPLIES TO THE EPTF?
Under Article 6, you will see that the Trust Fund is required to distribute all of its net funds in benefit of the Beneficiaries during the tax year in which the funds are received. The tax year that we apply is the Dutch Tax year, which ends on December 31st each year. We shall be sharing with you the full accounts and reports of each year so that you can see where and all the funds were dispersed. Each tax year, as per Article 3, we will disperse the funds until such time as the Trust Purpose has been discharged, which shall be upon the implementation and enforcement of Ecocide law as an international criminal law.
DO YOU PROTECT MY DETAILS?
Yes we do. We will map where the EPTF Trustees are in the world by your city and country only. We do not publish, sell or rent your details to anyone else
HOW CAN I FOLLOW THE MISSION AND HELP?
We’d love it if you can help! You can follow us on twitter, Facebook and by our e-letter (you are automatically sent this now that you are a trustee); please also check out our Community page, for suggestions and ideas of how you can help take this forward.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ECOCIDE LAW?
The official information portal for all information about ecocide law is here - there’s a lot of information there. Please check it first before sending us further questions!