[ Scroll down to see new map feature for supporting organisations ]
Exec Director of Environmental Rights Action, Director of Health of Mother Earth Foundation
“I fully believe in this cause. Making ecocide a recognised law will place a cap on the irresponsible actions of fat cats who hide behind corporate shields to destroy lives and harm the planet.”
Founder director of Forum for the Future
“The idea of establishing the crime of Ecocide is both timely and compelling... I am now a fully signed-up Earth Protector! I agree with the analysis that ‘only criminal law can stop the harm’, as it’s clear that existing legal sanctions are totally failing to do what we so urgently need them to do.”
Editor of Permaculture Magazine, co-founder of The UK Sustainability Centre
“Polly Higgins’ work to make Ecocide an international crime holds the key for humanity to change direction and invest in a more stable, equitable future that will benefit us all. Business as usual is no longer a viable option for us or the planet. It is now critical that we adopt Ecocide as an international law.”
Director, Sea First Foundation
"We call our planet Earth, but in fact we should call it "Planet Ocean". Over 70% of the surface itself consists of ocean/sea... it is literally vital that we have a healthy ocean... the Sea First Foundation supports the Mission Lifeforce initiative wholeheartedly. Ecocide law will protect the ocean from the damage and destruction caused by humans."
Human Rights Lawyer
"As a lawyer and father, I plea for laws that effectively protect our planet, our children and our future generations. Recognising the human right to a healthy environment and ecocide law at the global level, will definitely help. We only have one planet and time is running out. Ecocide will mend our criminal law system. Join us, get on board: become an Earth Protector."
Author & Cognitive Historian
"The International Criminal Court ... has had the effect of putting tyrants everywhere on notice that they can no longer act with impunity. If ecocide were declared a crime by the ICC, this could have a similarly daunting effect on those corporate tyrants who currently know they can get away with devastating the world’s “sacrifice zones” where they are pillaging the earth’s resources for profit."
Journalist, author & campaigner
"It's impossible to overstate the importance of the campaign for an international law to criminalise ecocide, putting the mass destruction of nature, on the same legal rulebook as genocide and slavery. Importantly, perpetrators would face personal liability and prosecution in the International Criminal Court. I urge everyone to join this campaign by becoming 'Earth Protectors' because of the transformative effect this law would have on environmental protection worldwide."
Legally you must be an individual to sign the Earth Protectors Trust Fund document. However, we would love for you to
- sign up personally and encourage your organisation's members to sign up as individuals
- publicly express your organisation's endorsement of the Mission by filling in the form further down this page - your organisation's name, logo and location will then be added to our supporters' map below.
Cloverleaf Foundation, Netherlands
Iona Foundation, Netherlands
LUSH, United Kingdom
Comite de Apoyo al Tíbet (CAT), Spain
We would like to warmly thank those who have all gifted their services for free or at a reduced rate to support the Mission:
- Marta Prieto & Blackbird Translations Ltd for Spanish translation
- Dr Maria José Wyborn & José Augusto Fernandes for Portuguese translation
- Coen Dahlhaus at www.HeroesAndFriends.com for the crowdsourcing platform and digital helmsmanship
- Arushka Pollard for the brilliant animation voiceover and regular moral support
- James Brandow at InkyThinking.com for the fabulous animation and much patience
- Stephen Holmes from stephenholmes.co.uk for generous eleventh-hour design and back-end integration
- Peter Richardson at EthicalInternet.co.uk for painstaking video editing and even more patience
- Tim Monk and Mono-Studio.co.uk for updating the companion site EradicatingEcocide.com
- Joe Rainbow for implementing the new MLF icon
- Tom Withers at commercialsuicide.org for superb sound editing
- Tom Chick of wiredsocial.com for social media advice
- Stampery.com for blockchain certification
- Darrel J Butlin of hexology.co for invaluable advice, filming and inspiration
- Richard Leachman of TheTwelve.eu for critical and crucial consulting
- Our partners, children and community for allowing, enabling and empowering us to do this